The coroners office prepares to remove the body of murdered female from the scene.
Sacramento, CA | An estranged relationship leads to murder and suicide in the Meadowview area of Sacramento.
Early Sunday morning officers responded to a report of shots fired at an apartment in the 1600 block of Meadowview Rd according to Andrew Pettit, Sergeant, Sacramento Police Department.
Pettit stated that when officers arrived they found one female had been shot and killed and a male subject was shot in the lower body. Read more »
Flames were roaring out the door and windows when firefighters arrived at an Arden area apartment fire.
Sacramento, CA | A dried out Christmas tree goes up in flames Saturday night in an upstairs, occupied apartment leaving three families displaced.
Late Saturday night, Sac Metro and Sac City firefighters were called out to an apartment fire in the Arden Arcade area. When firefighters arrived a second floor apartment was well involved with flames roaring out the front door and windows. Read more »
Sac Metro Fire personnel rescue and treat three fire victims (click this image to see more photos from this incident)
Rosemont, Sacramento, CA | Lack of working smoke detectors nearly cost family members their lives in an apartment kitchen fire early Thursday morning.
A kitchen fire breaks out in an apartment with no working smoke detectors. A Marine (just home from Afghanistan), kicks the door in and he and friends attempt rescues. Two occupants (a child and adult) were found unconscious and another child was attempting to break out the back bedroom window to escape. Read more »
Sacramento, CA | Firefighters quickly contain an apartment blaze in the South Land Park area late Tuesday morning.
Sacramento Firefighters responded to an apartment fire around 11am Tuesday, on South Land Park Drive near 42nd Ave . Two units, one on the second floor and the one below it, were damaged.
No injuries were reported. One lady at the scene who lives in the complex said she had just spoken to the 38 year old man on the phone who lives in the upper unit. The next thing she knew the fire department was fighting a fire in his apartment.
A wall heater was removed from the upper unit, apparently the cause of the fire. An investigation is underway.